Pop Up Photo Studio at Kitchen Chicago
Farmers! Chefs! Caterers! Local food artisans and shop owners!
June 28 Pop Up Studio at Kitchen Chicago!
You need beautiful, professional photographs of your foods to promote yourself on your website, in e-newsletters and on Facebook. My Pop Up Photo Studio is a quick, reasonably-priced way to get them.
I am a commercial food photographer who thinks small local food businesses need beautiful, compelling photographs to best promote their product. I am teaming up with Kitchen Chicago, a commercial kitchen and small foods incubator to bring you another Pop Up Photo Studio! On June 28, I’ll unpack my traveling photo studio at Kitchen Chicago and go to work for you. Chefs and caterers can even take advantage of the full kitchen on site to prep and plate things.
Here are the details:
What’s A Pop Up Photo Studio:
- Professional, studio quality photography of your product for you to use on websites, blogs, Facebook, advertisements etc.
- You will receive both a high resolution and a low resolution version within a few days. You have unlimited rights to use of the photos.
- 45 minute time slots; first photo: $125, each additional photo: $25
- We’ll likely get 1-4 photos done for you in that time, depending on complexity. Some items are more time-consuming to photograph than others. Send me a description of your products or a snapshot and I can estimate ahead of time how many we may be able to get done.
What To Bring:
- Table-top sized items only please.
- Single items or small groupings recommended.
- Be sure to bring duplicates of your product/ingredients.
- I’ll have a basic white backdrop set up; if there’s something else you’d like, bring it along. I encourage you to think about simple fabrics, Paper Source papers and placemats for backgrounds.
- Dishware is not provided, so please bring your own.
- I will also set up a simple backdrop for head shots, so if you need a portrait done, that is also available.
- If your project seems outside these parameters, please call or email me ahead of time.
Registration and Payment:
- Payment must be made by cash or check the day of the shoot. If you want to pay with a credit card, set up a free Venmo account and be sure I receive payment prior to June 24.
- “This is just what I need, Grant, how do I sign up?” Just click here and fill out this form; advance registration REQUIRED:
Sorry, this pop up has been closed.
Send me an email if you’d like to talk directly about a project: Grant Kessler.
Here’s what past Pop Up clients had to say:
“Thanks Grant, the photos look fabulous. I was very excited to see them. Thank you for providing the opportunity to have my bread and scones beautifully and professionally photographed at a very affordable price. The studio was an inspired idea and very helpful to those of just getting started in the food business.”
– Phillippa Cannon
“Thanks so much Grant. We never imagined that our little group of products could look so good. What a wonderful collection of photos you produced for us. As a small producer, so many things seem just out of reach, and promotional photos were one of those things before your Pop-Up Photo Studio. We are honestly excited about the next time that someone requests a photo for an article[… ]The price was quite fair, the location was great, the atmosphere was comfortable and conducive to our creative project. Thank you so much for thinking up this truly inspired idea. See you at market.”
– Tracey Vowell, Three Sisters Garden
To see more of my work: grantkessler.com
Kitchen Chicag0: kitchenchicago.com
Here are some samples from the inaugural Pop Up Photo Studio:
“They look great! Thank you for setting up the “Pop-up Studio” for us little guys.”
Phillippa Cannon scones
Three Sisters Garden